John has over 25 years’ experience as a senior executive and non-executive director in Australian agribusiness including CEO of Hassad Australia (Qatar Investment Authority), CEO of AgCap, Managing Director of Clyde Agriculture and senior roles with Elders and Stanbroke Pastoral Company.
Currently John is an independent director of the Dairy Farmers Milk Cooperative, Compass Agribusiness, Marcus Oldham College and on the advisory board of Hummingbird Technologies. Previous non-executive roles include Dairy Australia, Meat & Livestock Australia, Cubbie Station Cotton, Harvey Beef (WA) and the Primary Industries Education Foundation.
Portfolio Transactions as CEO
• Stanbroke Pastoral Company (QLD/NT) - $580million
• Clyde Agriculture Ltd (QLD/NSW) - $350million
• Harvey Beef (WA) - $40million
• Hassad Australia Pty Ltd (QLD, NSW, VIC, SA & WA) - $520million
• Rural portfolio management
• Turnaround strategy and advisory
• Transactions, negotiations and due diligence
• Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
• Masters of Business Administration
• Graduate Certificate of Agribusiness
• Bachelor of Business
• Diploma of Farm Management