For many of us, houses built between the 1950s and early 1970s have a real sense of nostalgia about them. Perhaps it is their modest forms, simple lines and clean angles, or their association with timeless mid-century design, but these homes hold a special place in our hearts.
1341 Cooks Hill Road is one such homes; evident from the beautiful exterior it displays, this elegant home is steeped in old world charm. As you step into the spacious entrance hallway, soaring ceilings, beautiful restored timber floors and original open fireplace you well feel that real sense of country grandeur this home once represented, and the grace that still exists within it.
Despite having undergone several updates over the years, its original charm has been thoughtfully retained - even the blossoming camellias, roses and magnificent pine tree at the front remain from when the home was built.
• Bright and airy interiors enhanced with high ceilings and endearing character details
• Spacious, sun-dappled formal lounge and dining room features an open fire
• Wonderfully welcoming casual reading room
• Family living and meal room
• Country kitchen with amply storage and worktops
• Four extremely generously sized bedrooms, plus office or nursery
• Master bed adjoins an office space (or potential WIR or ensuite)
• Two family bathrooms in original condition
• Double garage and single carport
• Outdoor entertaining/fire pit area
• Roofing replace 2012
• External painting 2015
• Internal painting 2020
12 hectares of pasture improved grazing land, well fenced, one dam.
Located on the Cooks Hill Road, only 16km from Yass and 73km from Canberra.
- Rumpus Room