Land Agribusiness Water Development (LAWD) is pleased to present for sale Pacific Reef Fisheries, a highly developed aquaculture growout farm with adjoining sugar cane farm (expansion land) located in Alva, and a specialised prawn hatchery and approved greenfield development site located in Guthalungra, North Queensland.
Key features of the opportunity include:
ALVA PRAWN FARM
• 331* hectare highly developed growout farm with 105 growout ponds located across 98* hectares.
• Excellent fit-for-purpose infrastructure including a state-of-the-art processing facility with cold storage and 200* tonne freezer, administration centre and further supporting infrastructure.
• Currently producing premium black tiger prawns with annual production of circa 1,100 tonne.
• Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) accredited since 2018 (the first aquaculture farm in Australia to be certified), ensuring the Farm has minimal impact on the waters of Alva Beach and reducing its overall environmental impact.
• Adjoining 120* hectare sugar cane farm (expansion land) with 92.16* hectares developed to irrigated cropping.
• Secure irrigation water comprising 474* megalitres via the Lower Burdekin Water Board.
• Situated 12* linear kilometres north-east of Ayr and 75* linear kilometres south-east of Townsville, in proximity to the Bruce Highway, a main arterial route connecting all major centres along the Queensland eastern coastline.
GUTHALUNGRA PRAWN HATCHERY & APPROVED GREENFIELD DEVELOPMENT SITE
• A highly specialised prawn hatchery (8* hectares), one of the largest modern hatchery facilities in Australia.
• Excellent fit-for-purpose infrastructure including two hatchery sheds, five igloos, two sets of quarters and further supporting infrastructure.
• Future development opportunity with an approved 259* hectare greenfield development site suited to land based aquaculture (potential for multi species including prawns, barramundi & lobsters).
• Desalination plant equipped with a filtration system and twelve 30,000 litre polythene tanks.
• Situated 43* linear kilometres north-west of Bowen and 130* linear kilometres south-east of Townsville, to the north of the Bruce Highway.
LAWD is offering Pacific Reef Fisheries to the market by Expression of Interest closing Thursday 9 September 2021 at 4pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).