COOTAMUNDRA NSW 2590
- Land is 3,605 ha
LAWD is pleased to present for sale Gilgal, a highly productive mixed farming opportunity (3,605* hectares) currently utilised for grazing (beef cattle, prime lamb and wool) and dryland cropping (cereals and oilseeds), situated in the Cootamundra district, within the renowned South West Slopes of NSW.
KEY INVESTMENT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• A landmark asset located in the Cootamundra district, being only the second time offered for sale in 150* years.
• Three contiguous properties known as Gilgal (1,631* hectares), Winona (1,633* hectares) and O’Connors (341* hectares).
• Operational scale of 37,000DSE* including 560* hectares of dual purpose winter cropping.
• A multi-enterprise opportunity suitable to a broad spectrum of commodities including beef breeding & fattening, prime lambs, wool as well as a diverse range of crops.
• The cattle enterprise encompasses a significant seedstock business of 520* commercial and stud females, split calving between autumn & winter, along with commercial followers and stud bulls grown out for internal use and sale.
• The sheep enterprise comprises a 5,500* head self replacing composite ewe flock producing domestic and export weight prime lambs.
• Underpinning productivity is 1,651* hectares (46%) of gently undulating arable land, sown in rotation to winter crops and improved pastures, 1,500* hectares (42%) perennial native grass and clover and 453* hectares (13%) of remnant vegetation.
• Water is reliably sourced from permanent creeks, dams and bores.
• Operational efficiency is enhanced by the extensive laneway system linking the quality operational improvements including new ProWay cattle yards, two four stand wool sheds, numerous outpost sheep and cattle yards, machinery and hay sheds, workshop and grain storage (770* tonnes).
• Accommodation includes the historic Gilgal homestead (circa 1870) set in superb gardens as well as a further four residences.
• Significant CAPEX program focused on pasture development, soil health, fencing/laneways and infrastructure.
• Located within the renowned South West slopes of NSW adjoining the Cootamundra town centre.
Gilgal is being offered for sale (in-one-line or as separate assets) by Expression of Interest closing at 12PM (AEST) on Thursday 1 June 2023.