660 Comerong Island Road, NUMBAA NSW 2540
- Land is 2.65 ha
LAWD is proud to present for sale as a going concern “Merribee Gardens”, a unique wedding and function centre incorporating stunning onsite accommodation at Numbaa on the picturesque South Coast of NSW. Merribee Gardens is set of 2.65ha* of land and features spectacular internationally awarded gardens which attract over 15,000 visitors annually.
Formerly old dairy pastureland, the property has been lovingly transformed over the last 23 years into a sanctuary incorporating ornate gardens with numerous “botanical rooms”, including a Dordogne Garden, Apothecary Garden, Parterre Garden, Rose Gardens, a Lavender Paddock and much more.
The gardens complement the rich heritage of the structures, positioning Merribee as a popular destination for weddings and special events, by offering accommodation, functions, garden tours and classes and diverse festivals.
The property features a range of immaculately presented guest accommodation which has been constructed or adapted over the years including the Main House, The Silo, Villa Parterre, Villa Botanica, and The Villa Airstream, all set within the expanse of its gardens. Major function centres on site include “The Barn” and “Mayfield Cottage” an 1830’s cottage which has been painstakingly relocated and refurbished on site to its former glory.
Merribee Gardens offers buyers a unique lifestyle and established business incorporating a generous forward book of income already committed through 2024 and into 2025. This is your chance to build on the existing platform provided to add your own footprint on the growth and direction of this popular attraction.
Key Investment Highlights
• 2.65ha* of land incorporating spectacular internationally awarded ornate gardens incorporating numerous “botanical rooms”. A labour of love – must be seen to be believed.
• RU1 Primary Production zoning.
• Acclaimed wedding and function venue operating for over 20 years.
• Immaculately presented guest accommodation (up to 8 keys) which has been constructed or adapted including the Main House, The Silo, Villa Parterre, Villa Botanica, The Villa Airstream, all set within the expanse of the gardens.
• Timeless and rustic function centres on site including “The Barn” and “Mayfield Cottage” an 1830’s cottage which has been painstakingly relocated and refurbished to its former glory.
• Tennis Court, Cricket ground, garden viewing platforms, carparking and much more.
• Significant infrastructure in place including town water, three (3) phase power and recycled water irrigation.
• Modern and recently refurbished buildings, all subject to a regular capital expenditure program and in first class condition.
• Picturesque South Coast location close to Nowra and Berry, with convenient drivetime the major markets of Sydney, Canberra and Wollongong.
• Picturesque rural setting within proximity to the Shoalhaven River and within an easy drive to some of Australia’s top beaches, national parks and historic rural villages.
• Stable business to be sold as a going concern with significant forward income confirmed through 2024 and into 2025. (Owners are willing to assist in the orderly transition of the business to ensure seamless handover to the new owners and that existing bookings are serviced).
• Significant marketing platform via social media following, particularly Instagram.
• Various opportunities to add additional accommodation (STCA) and/or new income streams such as increased festivals, conferencing, tours and visitation packages to enhance occupancy and utilisation levels.
Merribee Gardens is offered for Sale by Expression of Interest closing 3pm (AEDT) Thursday 7 December 2023.
Contact for further information.
Andrew Graham 0412 448 455
Trish Brewer 0409 524 901