Widely regarded as one of the nation’s leading agribusiness transaction advisors, Danny Thomas brings more than 25 years’ experience and expertise in stewarding the sale of large-scale agricultural properties and agribusinesses across Australia.
Danny Thomas is a Senior Director with LAWD and brings more than 25 years’ experience to the role, having held senior agribusiness leadership positions in commercial real estate companies in Australia.
Widely regarded as one of the nation’s leading agribusiness transaction advisors, Danny has stewarded many of the largest transactions in Australia’s farm sector in the past decade, and notably oversaw the sale of Lawson Grains (as a going concern) and the Corinella Portfolio (in 27 separate contracts) in his inaugural year at LAWD for a total of $950 million.
Danny brings practical, on-farm experience and genuine passion for agriculture to his work, having grown up on dairy farms in Victoria’s Western Districts, Kiewa Valley, Northern Victoria and East Gippsland region, and today is a specialist sale advisor to the owners of large-scale holdings and agribusinesses. Additionally, he is a Certified Practising Valuer with key expertise in valuing complex agribusiness assets as well as for litigation support and assessing compensation for compulsory acquisition.
Danny resides in Yea, in the Upper Goulburn region of Victoria. He is a strategic thinker who seeks to maximise every sale outcome for his clients by tailoring a sale process that drives maximum market engagement. Danny has unparalleled connections to large-scale farmers and farmland investors globally, and his insights are regularly sought by the full array of market participants.
Danny is also a director and shareholder in Murray River Land (PropCo) and Ulupna Pastoral Company (OpCo), which owns and operates more than 10,000 hectares of irrigated cropping land in northern Victoria. Danny also holds additional private investments in a significant number of dairy and beef cattle.
- Agent’s Representative Certificate (Victoria)
- Fellow of the Australian Property Institute (Victoria)
- Certified Practising Valuer (Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania, South Australia)
- Registered Valuer, Queensland
- Licensed Valuer, Western Australia
- API Accredited Specialist Water Valuer
- Associate of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Bachelor of Business (Property), RMIT University
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Corinella Portfolio (Victoria and South Australia) – circa 22,386 hectare cropping portfolio (sold to 27 individual parties), $370 million
- Lawson Grains (New South Wales and Western Australia) – circa 103,006 hectare fully integrated grains business, PND
- Adveq/Olam Almond orchards (Victoria) – 12,000 planted hectares and 89,000 megalitres of water entitlements, $860 million
- Gundaline Station (New South Wales) – circa 15,000 hectares with circa 20,000 megalitres of various water entitlements, $60 million
- Kalanga (Queensland) – circa 12,840 hectare irrigated and dryland cropping enterprise, $80 million
- Wyadra and Cowl Cowl (New South Wales) – circa 19,900 hectares with 43,000 megalitres of various water entitlements, $140 million
- Mooral Almonds (New South Wales) – circa 800 hectares of mature almond orchards with 12,000 megalitres of water entitlements, $98 million
- Moora (New South Wales) – circa 24 hectares with 7,800 megalitres of water entitlements, $55 million
- Euroley (New South Wales) – circa 2,419 hectares, $17 million