Land Agribusiness Water and Development (LAWD) is pleased to present for sale Evergreen Farms, a high-quality irrigated horticultural opportunity planted to established table grapes and lychees with additional development potential, located in the Central Highlands region of Queensland.
Comprising approximately 3,793* hectares, Evergreen Farms is located 10* linear kilometres south of Emerald in an area highly regarded for horticulture, cropping and grazing.
Key investment highlights include:
- A large-scale horticultural asset, of which 206* hectares are developed to established table grapes, 194* hectares are trellised (not planted), 25* hectares are planted to lychees, 353*hectares are suitable to development and the balance comprising grazing land (currently agisted to cattle).
- Future growth opportunities include 353* hectares, underpinned by existing irrigation infrastructure, suited to a variety of agricultural uses including permanent plantings (citrus, edible nuts, avocado and berries).
- Extensively developed to irrigation and supported by significant water entitlements including 382* megalitres of High Priority and 5,961* megalitres of Medium Priority, multiple water storages with a combined capacity of 800* megalitres and direct access to the Nogoa River.
- High quality operational infrastructure includes a 10,000*sqm packing shed, extensive cold room facilities, residential dwellings (16), workers accommodation (256-person capacity), an administration building, nursery shed, cattle yards, storage sheds and field workshops.
- Significant capital expenditure projects have been undertaken in recent years including vineyard replacements and new plantings, irrigation and vineyard infrastructure upgrades, machinery, and further enhancements to accommodation facilities.
- Close to commodity processing facilities, including grain handling facilities (Gindie, Emerald, Capella, Dingo and Springsure), cotton gins (Emerald and Yamala) and livestock saleyards (Emerald).
- Strategically located 10* linear kilometres south of Emerald, 242* linear kilometres west of Rockhampton and 645* linear kilometres north-west of Brisbane.
Evergreen Farms represents an unparalleled opportunity for a potential purchaser to acquire a large scale, well designed and highly developed horticultural opportunity with further development potential. It is incredibly rare for landholdings of such scale, underpinned by significant water entitlements as well as high quality operational infrastructure, to be presented to the market.
FOR SALE BY EXPRESSION OF INTEREST CLOSING THURSDAY 28 OCTOBER 2021 AT 4PM (AEDT)