139 Douglas Road, RYANSBROOK WA 6395
- Land is 8,554 ha
LAWD is pleased to present for sale Cherylton Farms, an unparalleled institutional mixed farming opportunity located in the reliable and well-regarded Great Southern region of Western Australia.
Comprising 8,554* hectares in total (of which 7,355* hectares are considered effective), across two non-contiguous landholdings, this high-performance cropping and livestock enterprise offers significant scale in a blue-chip agricultural region.
KEY INVESTMENT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• A diversified cropping and livestock grazing opportunity, focused on the production of high yielding crops including cereals (barley, oats and wheat) and oilseeds (canola), as well as carrying Merino and Composite ewe flocks (15,000* sale ewes) and a prominent Angus herd (170* head).
• Having undergone extensive land class development and capital improvement over a 14-year period, the landholding drives consistent yields for barley (5.7t/ha*), oats (4.7t/ha*), wheat (5.1t/ha*) and canola (2.9t/ha*) based on a three year average (2019 to 2021), having focused on soil amelioration (including reefinating), 15,000t* of lime applied, rigorous pasture Improvement programs and land use management, with an overarching focus on sustainability.
• Shelterbelts have been prioritised for livestock paddocks to enhance both lamb and calf survival.
• 200+ paddocks have been strategically developed to maximise cropping efficiencies and the landholding boasts a 3-year average carrying capacity of 13* Dry Sheep Equivalents (DSE) per winter grazed hectare.
• Benefited by significant water infrastructure including three strategically located water storages (25* megalitres each), 15 tanks (1.5* megalitres), an Airwell pump with supply to main spray tank and feedlot, a soak and pump with household pumps for all residences and staff accommodation as well as extensive livestock water infrastructure.
• Excellent structural improvements include shearing sheds (4) one of which contains 17 stands, sheep yards (10), cattle yards, silos (30), machinery sheds (10) including a 2,000* tonne grain/fertiliser shed, owner and manager homesteads (three), further well-maintained staff residences (five), seasonal worker accommodation (donga) and sundry rural shedding.
• Two sheep feedlots (6,000* head combined capacity) including one undercover, plus a cattle feedlot (100* head).
• First-class operational infrastructure includes all-weather laneway systems (via road or laneway) with appropriate drainage, over 300* kilometres of new fencing installed over the last 14 years as well as a VHF communications tower and Telstra tower.
• An outlier in term of scale and performance in the region, the opportunity provides an option to purchase as a going concern (land, improvements, livestock, plant and equipment, machinery, as well as feed, seed, fertiliser and chemical on hand).
• The existing management team and their combined experience offer an institutional scale turn-key investment, supported by nine permanent staff, who would like to continue this high level of performance.
• Benefited by high quality soil types, undulating topography, excellent climatic characteristics and high average rainfall (551* millimetres).
• Close to commodity processing facilities, including grain receival sites at Cranbrook (CBH), Bunbury (Bunge) and Kojonup (CBH) and livestock exchange facilities at Katanning and Mount Barker.
This blue-chip opportunity has been transformed into a highly efficient broad hectare dryland cropping and grazing enterprise and features high quality soil types, operational efficiencies, and fit-for-purpose structural improvements, enhancing on-farm efficiencies.
This is a unique opportunity to acquire a high-performance opportunity of institutional scale in the Great Southern region of Western Australia.
For sale by Expression of Interest closing at 12pm (AWST) Thursday 1 December 2022