2005 Old Winton Road, WINTON NSW 2344
- 4 bed
- 1 bath
- 5 Parking Spaces
- Land is 670 ha
- 5 Garage
Picturesque and secluded, yet only 30km from the Tamworth CBD and AELEC and only 20km from the airport, “Melville Park” offers an appealing combination of convenient country living and livestock production opportunities. Comprising 1657 acres of gently undulating to hilly country, ranging from approx. 900 acres of lovely, sheltered grazing country, including 300 arable acres, to a balance of timbered country. It boasts an excellent reticulated bore-fed stock watering system, as well as 5 dams, hinged joined (and netting) internal and boundary fencing around the grazing areas and a practical laneway system for moving stock.
The 4-roomy bedrooms, 1.5 bathroom weatherboard homestead dates from around 1910; has a charming wrap-around verandah and is nestled in a large established garden, including lockable garden sheds and a separate secure dog yard. The interior features an original wooden floor and lining board and 10-foot ceilings. The open plan kitchen features a free-standing Smeg range, dishwasher and a full wall built-in pantry.
The installation of a booster has resulted in reliable mobile phone reception and the high-speed, reliable broadband internet connection provides peace of mind for anyone wanting to work from home.
“Melville Park” offers enterprise flexibility without a cent to spend, as it has both steel cattle and sheep yards in excellent condition, with watered holding yards; complemented by a 3-stand raised woolshed.
The 26m x 12m, 5m high, fully enclosed machinery shed with concrete floor and 3phase power is enviable and is complemented by an 18m x 12m hay shed.
• Mixture of black and basalt soils, running into lighter soiled timbered country
• approx. 300 Ac arable complemented by undulating grazing
• Easy to manage paddocks connected by watered laneway
• Original 4 bedroom, 1.5 bath, 5 car timber homestead with wrap around bull nose verandah in established gardens
• Fast, reliable NBN internet connection and good mobile reception
• Excellent shedding including machinery shed / workshop, hay and 3 stand wool shed
• 3 phase power to machinery shed/ workshop
• Steel cattle and sheep yards
• Lovely original timber buildings including shearers quarters / original one-room dwelling and original wood framed stables near the homestead
• Stunning hilltop views towards Tamworth and Manilla
• Potential to take increase grazing area by using planned bulldozer cleared fence-lines
• Good clover base in most paddocks
• Existing pasture cropping program to boost soil health and maximize carrying capacity
• Boundary and subdivision fencing mostly hinged joint in good condition
• Two equipped bores and 3 x 6,000Gal concrete tank capacity for stock and garden water. A third unequipped bore also available
• Approx. 27,000Gal freshwater capacity over five concrete tanks
• Reticulated watering system to concrete troughs in most paddocks
• 2 cone based HE Silos with 23T and 40T capacity on concrete pads
• Land Size 670 Ha / 1657 Ac