Haystack Road, BUNDARRA NSW 2359
- 4 bed
- 2 bath
- Land is 871.40 ha
One of Baker’s Creek most desirable blocks situated in the tightly held Baker creek district has hit the market. Baker’s Creek is situated between the Township of Bundarra and the famous Sun down property.
“Haystack” has a mix of predominantly heavy basalt and New England trap soils plus a small area of granite soils along the Baker’s Creek at the front of the property. This exceptional property provides a mix of undulating grazing to Creek flats and offers approx. 800Ac of arable country, including 200 acres currently sown to oats. The oats will remain ungrazed prior to settlement if sold at auction. The oats will be top dressed with urea at a rate of 100kg/ha. Grazing country features White box and Kurrajong with native pastures incl. clover, rye and a very good stand of paspalum. 120 hectares of heavily timbered country is fenced off and could be used for grazing or for future carbon projects. “Haystack” has a long term fertiliser history. At the time of writing there is still a large portion of property with a solid body of feed.
Predominantly ring lock and Barb fencing suitable for both sheep and cattle divides the property into 24 paddocks. A number of smaller holding paddocks conveniently located to the yards, allowing for ease of mustering and processing.
“Haystack” has an abundant stock water supply with multiple dams in each paddock and both the Baker’s Creek and Haystack Creek running through the property. In addition to this “Haystack” boasts a 10 megalitre Baker’s Creek irrigation license adding to the water security of the property.
“Haystack” has ample shedding and other infrastructure improvements. This includes a three stand woolshed with weather shed. There is also a 6m x 20m machinery /workshop shed with concrete floor and power: an 18m x 6m machinery shed and 2 hay sheds measuring 9m x 20m and 6m x 20m respectively, as well as 2 x25T and 1 x 15T silos. Furthermore there is a set of combination sheep and cattle yards and a 2nd set of sheep yards situated in the centre of the property.
Accommodation consists of a brick veneer, 3 bed, 2 bath homestead with double garage and office. It features 9ft ceilings, wood heating and a solar system which offsets whole farm electricity use (total bill $800 / $1,000 a year approx.), has a fully fenced garden (ringlock) and a lovely Easterly aspect. It has been previously rented through an agent for $300/week.
Additional accommodation consists of a 2 bed, 1 bath mixed weatherboard construction cottage, which also features 9ft ceilings and an Easterly aspect.
At the time of writing this document, the vendors are running 300 cows, 130 calves and 1200 sheep, which equates to a total of approximately 6000 DSE.
The owners have advised that the property is currently run by a reliable locally based manager, who would consider staying on.
We very rarely see this type of value for money breeder property hit the market. If you’re looking for a property that actually adds commercially up on a spreadsheet, “Haystack” is definitely worth a look.”
• Rare value for money breeder property!
• Tightly held area, 23km from Bundarra, 70km from Inverell, 100km from Armidale and 120km from Tamworth
• Undulating grazing with approx. 800Ac arable area, including 200 acres currently sown to Oats
• Heavy basalt and New England trap soils plus a small area of granite soils
• White box and Kurrajong grazing country, with native pastures with Clover, Rye and a very good stand of Paspalum
• Long term fertiliser history
• Currently (at time of writing) contains a solid body of feed on a large portion of property
• Currently running 300 cows, 130 calves and 1200 sheep (totals approximately 6000 DSE)
• Excellent mixed livestock production property
• 6m x 20m machinery /workshop shed with concrete floor and power
• 18m x 6m machinery shed
• 9m x 20m hay shed
• 6m x 20m hay shed
• Three stand woolshed with weather shed
• Set of combination sheep and cattle yards
• 2nd set of sheep yards
• Brick veneer homestead: 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, double garage plus office space
• Weatherboard 2 bedroom, 1 bath cottage
• Fencing predominantly ring lock and barb: suitable for sheep and cattle and in good condition
• Water is a feature!
• Multiple dams in each paddock
• On-property access to both the Baker’s Creek and Haystack Creek
• 10 megalitre Baker’s Creek irrigation license