Land Agribusiness Water and Development (LAWD) is pleased to present for sale Jemalong Citrus, a highly productive irrigated horticultural opportunity featuring a mature citrus orchard benefited by secure water in the Central West region of New South Wales, a region highly regarded for diversity and quality of agricultural production.
Key investment highlights include:
- Comprising a total landholding of 356* hectares in a horticultural region supported by an ideal climate, quality soils and secure water
- An established citrus orchard, focused on the production of Hamlin, McMahon and Salustiana varieties, providing full season production for both juicing and packing
- Extensively developed to irrigation (215* hectares) via dual dripline with telemetry control, with the balance comprising dryland cropping and grazing / support land
- Benefited by secure water entitlements including 1,000*megalitres of Lachlan alluvial groundwater and 200* megalitres of Lachlan River General Security water, underpinned by 10* megalitres of on-farm water storage as well as extensive frontage to the Lachlan River
- Average 2021 yield of 59* tonnes per hectare with increasing production until full orchard maturity
- Excellent operational infrastructure including machinery shedding, workshop, irrigation infrastructure and an office, developed loading bays and a 200Kw solar array
- Well-designed orchard layout enhancing on-farm efficiencies
- Potential to further develop non-orchard portion underpinned by a 700* megalitre bore approval
- Current processing facilities at Griffith, Leeton, Melbourne, Warwick, Coffs Harbour and Brisbane.
FOR SALE BY EXPRESSION OF INTEREST CLOSING THURSDAY 7 APRIL 2022 AT 4PM (AEST)