STONEHENGE TAS 7120
- Land is 2,311 ha
LAWD is pleased to present for sale Eastern Tiers, a large-scale irrigated and dryland cropping / grazing operation benefited by substantial water entitlements, located in the Southern Midlands region of Tasmania.
KEY INVESTMENT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• Irrigated and dryland cropping/grazing opportunity (2,311* hectares) located at Stonehenge, within the Southern Midlands region of Tasmania.
• Diversified cropping, grazing and forestry carbon enterprises, suited to an array of crops (including potatoes, cereals, poppies, hemp, carrot seed, oilseed and legumes). Three-year Simplot potato contract currently in place.
• Favourable climatic conditions (annual average rainfall of 716* millimetres) and land classes provide suitability for sheep, beef and dairy opportunities.
• Extensively developed in recent years with first-class centre pivot irrigation (357* hectares) and an additional 459ha* earmarked for irrigation development.
• Significant and secure water entitlements (5,620* megalitres) including 4,120* megalitres Surety 5 Winter Take and an annual groundwater supply of 1,500* megalitres. Benefitted by substantial water storages (4,000* megalitres) and newly constructed pumping infrastructure.
• Additional income streams include options for carbon offset payments. Current Forestry Carbon Project across 350* hectares is estimated at 150,000*Australian Carbon Credit Units.
• Strategically located 25* linear kilometres from Oatlands, 55* linear kilometres from Hobart and 115* linear kilometres from Launceston, as well as being close key infrastructure supporting the operations.
For sale by Expression of Interest closing 12pm (AEDT) Thursday 30 November 2023.